VI Marine Energy Conference: Presentation and poster download area
- Post by: JRL-ORE
- Comments off
The VI Marine Energy Conference was held in the Bizkaia Aretoa in Bilbao on June 25th.
The Conference was organized by JRL-ORE and Euskampus Fundazioa with University Basque Country (UPV/EHU), Tecnalia and BCAM.
Here you can download the presentations of the conference:
- Opening session. Eider Robles, Scientific Director of JRL-ORE and Jesus Maria Blanco, Coordinator of Master REM.
- Experience in real sea projects. Jose Luis Villate, member of JRL-ORE and Offshore Renewable Energy Director at TECNALIA.
- Power electronics and grid connection of Offshore Renewable Energy. Pablo Eguía, member of JRL-ORE and UPV/EHU.
- Numerical and experimental methods for fluid dynamics in offshore renewable energy applications. Urko Izquierdo, member of JRL-ORE and UPV/EHU.
- The R&I of Offshore Wind in Europe. Antonio Ugarte, CENER Wind Energy Department Director.
In addition to the presentations, there was a succesful poster session. Here you can download the presented posters:
- An example of wind forecast improvement using NWP predictors on a buoy in the Basque CountrySmall signal modelling and analysis of an offshore HVDC transmission link. Sheila Carreno-Madinabeitia, Gabriel Ibarra-Berastegi, Jon Sáenz, Eduardo Zorita, Alain Ulazia.
- Analysis of Quality and Mitigation Measures of an Environmental Statement of Offshore Wind Farms. José Alberto Alavez Góngora, Pankaj Ravindra Gode.
- The effects of bottom and front barrier thickness on the efficiency of an OWC device. Ayrton Alfonso Medina Rodríguez, Jesus María Blanco Ilzarbe and Rodolfo Silva Casarín.
- Wave Energy extraction using a buoy WEC with an ideal PTO. Leire Gandiaga and Nerea Trapote.
- Wave-to-wire modelling: An application-sensitive approach. Markel Penalba and John Ringwood.
- Numerical Design of Tidal Turbine Blade. Mazhar Ali, Moustafa Wagdy, Amr Hegazy.
- Experimental and computational characterization of a 12.5m long wave flume installed at the research facilities of the university of the Basque Country. Ander Aristondo, Urko Izquierdo, Lander Galera, Jesús M. Blanco, Gustavo A. Esteban, Iñigo Albaina and Alberto Peña.
- Seasonal air density variations over the East of Scotland and the consequences for offshore wind Energy. Ander Nafarrate and Eylon Ortiz de Murua.
- Experimental Analysis of a Wave Energy Converter Device. Bernardo de Melo Kahn, Ivandito Herdayanditya.
- Evaluating the performance of Climate Models over the North Sea region for the estimation of offshore wind energy changes due to climate change. Stefano Susini, Melisa Menendez, Paula Camus, Pablo Eguia.
- Wind turbine modelling using DNV GL Bladed. Jeffery Adorkor, Raynaldi Pratama, Iñigo Rozas.
- Fatigue analysis of mooring lines in time and frequency domains for wave Energy converters. Javier Lopez Queija, Imanol Touzón, Vincenzo Nava, Victor Petuya.
The conference organization would like to thank all the speakers for their presentations and the participants of the round table for sharing their knowledge and thoughts with us. A special mention to the authors of the posters that enriched the session and the lunch.
We hope to see you in future editions.