Webinar by Tecnalia: Testing and research in offshore environments
- Post by: JRL-ORE
- Comments off
Tecnalia will offer a free webinar entitled Testing and research in offshore environments: an opportunity for energy generation, a challenge for materials.
- Introduction on the evolution of marine energies and their growth forecasts. His role in creating jobs and income.
- Technological solutions to face the challenges of offshore energy generation. Examples of applications and success stories will be presented.
- Design of a floating laboratory for the evaluation of materials and components in real offshore environment: HarshLab1.0 and HarshLab 2.0.
- Corrosion and ageing tests at HarshLab. What do testing in real offshore media provide against those performed in the laboratory? Some examples.
- Real-environment tests at TECNALIA beyond harshLab.
- Some ongoing research projects at HarshLab.
- Manufacturers of materials, structures, components, equipment… related to offshore energy (and in general with any offshore application).
- Coating manufacturers and applicators.
- Companies that develop industrial activity in the offshore field.
- Research groups related to the offshore world.
Antonio Rico – Offshore Renewable Energy market manager.
Pablo Benguria – researcher of Materials for Harsh Environments, in the Energy and Environment Area.
Hours: 4:00 pm
Duration: 45 minutes + Q&A
For more information and registration click here